“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Last Weekend for Preparation

This was our last weekend in preparation for the trip.  We had some help from Jeremy and his son Kaaj when we went out for a training ride.  I thought it would be a nice 18 to 20 mile ride but Ileana decided that my plans for a short ride just weren't enough for her.  After we were done riding, she continued on for another 20 miles...

Kaaj enjoyed riding in the trailer, although I am getting the feeling that it won't be long before he is itching to do the riding himself.  He has a balance bike with no pedals that he is very good at riding and really enjoys; it looks like he'll be ready to start pedaling soon!

I started packing the bikes up in the afternoon.  I always underestimate how much time this takes so I was only able to get mine completed.  I will finish Ileana's tonight and drop them off at FedEx tomorrow morning.  If all goes as planned they will be waiting for us in Milwaukee (hopefully undamaged).

5 more days and we'll be off.  We plan to do a couple more rides this week before we go.



Training on the Virginia Capital Trail

Packed up and ready to ship!

No comments:

Post a Comment